Thursday, February 10, 2011

advertisement Mila Kunis Before 'Black Swan': 'I Had Never Danced in My Life'

Mila Kunis flaunts her style in a new spread for W magazine's March Spring Fashion issue, on stands nationwide February 25, and the 'Black Swan' star reveals she had never danced before her breakthrough ballet role.

"I had never danced in my life," says Mila. "I trained for four months, seven days a week, five hours a day. I had one day off on my birthday. I lost 20 pounds. I tore a ligament. I dislocated my shoulder. I have two scars on my back. And it was worth every minute."

Asked if she'd be willing to continue dancing, she counters, "I will never dance again... I was like, 'Well -- I wear heels; I can do this.' I was wrong: Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe."

The 27-year-old Ukrainian-born beauty -- who admits that she's the first person in her family to not be a college graduate -- also details her career crossroads when her contract with "That '70s Show" ended.
"I had to make a conscious decision about what I wanted to do with my life," she explains. "During the show, I had attempted to go to college, but I realized that the traffic in L.A. made it too difficult for me to go to school at 6 a.m. and be back at work at 10 a.m. I asked my parents if it was okay if I dropped out. They said okay, you can defer until after your contract with 'That '70s Show' ends. And then it ended. I realized for the first time that I couldn't imagine doing anything else. So I had to make acting a career -- to make smart choices instead of choices made for fun."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment